Saturday, July 23, 2011

Another day and a tutorial I created and would like to share

Well, it took me awhile to get back here to post again.  I have been busy with stuff. . .family stuff. 

First I want to say thank you to Mandy who does Beads for Brains: 365 who is such an inspiration!  Here is a link to her site:
http://beadsforbrains.blogspot.com/

I have been enjoying beading lately. . . making a few new and, of course, some old bracelets.  I love to bead and make almost anything but I guess bracelets are my favorite. 

This week I went to my local bead shop and was inspired by a pattern "Circle Me Square Bracelet" which comes from Bead Culture Patterns.  This bracelet is made with Tila Beads.  Here is the link:
http://www.beadculture.com/productDetails.aspx?productid=7078  I really liked this bracelet after seeing one stitched out it was even more inspiring. I have finished beading it but not put on a clasp yet. I changed it slightly so I will finish and photograph mine later.  

I wanted to know how  to stitch the Dragon Bangle from the Feb 2011 issue. A friend and the shop owner recommended a link to Barb's Beading Thoughts http://barbsbeadingthoughts.blogspot.com/2011/03/dragon-bangle-bracelet-from-beadwork.html to help me with making the bangle.  I fell in love with her creation . . . pinecones...well, who wouldn't?    Tuesday night I began work on the Dragon Bangle.

I was working on the Bangle, which once you understand the bead orientation is much simpler and the next night  was finishing up.  Connecting the two ends doing a great job really got it tight and really indestructible when I noticed it was twisted.  You think I would have checked. . . so I took that apart and am back at work on it again.

A favorite site that I have visited for years, is Eni Oken's Jewelry Lesson's dot com.  http://www.jewelrylessons.com/  There seems to be an emphasis on wire work which I love but actually I do prefer bead weaving.  They have a little of that too!  I love to go there and get inspiration.  It is a fantastic site for inspiration. 

Ok. . .here is a bracelet that I love to make. It is a flat spiral weave with large pearls and some sparkly purple crystals...I am sure they are from China . . .and they are so pretty.

I am also going to post a picture of  another embellished netted bracelet I made.
A couple of views. 
A year ago May I taught the bead club at my favorite bead store "Panda's Crossing".  I am going to share the tutorial that I created for the bead club class. I called the earrings "Blue Ribbon Earrings ".  Hope you like the tutorial.







No comments:

Post a Comment